A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Closer to Finished

Remember one of my first attempts at gelli printing on fabric?  I have now backed it with felt and did some quilting/thread sketching on it.
Here is a detail.
And then I added some metallic paint.
It is now going to sit on my design wall for a while to see what else it needs before I call it done. The plan is to mat and frame it.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I do like that a lot! Makes me want to get out my Gelli Plate!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, the stitching really set this off!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely like the stitching!
    Thanks for the update... I need to try that on some of my prints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, very cool!!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.