A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

More gelatine print

I learned that the gelatine gets more interesting, when left for a week or so. But no one told me about the smell... but I overcame my resistance ;-) and placed new pieces of fabric on the painted gelatine... didn´t work out, I qualify them as quite boring...




The only one I liked, is the one with the orange net:


With the left-overs of thickened dyes, I made some nice cloth just by working with templates from Stewart Gill:


Will get rid of the gelatine and wait for my gelli plate to arrive ;-).

Did you see this blogpost, many more possibilities with the gelliplate/gelatin:
http://gelliarts.blogspot.com/2012/04/are-we-there-yet.html

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Nienke for this posting - I wondered how long the gelatine plate would last?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too was wondering how long the gelatin plate would last before the smell came in. And a question..did the resulting fabric carry the bad smell?

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.