A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Little More Plastic Play

I borrowed the bag idea and made a tiny one to match the shoes in my previous post.


I lined the plastic fabric with the sparkly dress fabric I used to make a gown for my daughter's doll -- the same way I did the slippers.
I'm not crazy about the jewel on the front and I'm not sure how to make an elegant closure on such a small scale.  I'm thinking I'll just sew on a snap and cover the thread on the front with the jewel.  Unless someone has a better suggestion...

1 comment:

  1. oh yes! that jewel works well. I would go ahead with the snap/popper idea covered with the jewel.
    after all, the more bling the better when it is fabric that looks like a dream!
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.