A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

My contribution

I mailed this shibori piece out today for LouBird's prize:

I also sent a consolation prize to one of our other followers, but didn't take a picture of that, so it will be a surprise (to someone in Toronto, Ontario).

And, I'm never home on a weekday afternoon, but today I was and I turned on the TV and saw my first episode of Quilting Arts TV on PBS. Guess who had sent in a "UFO"? None other than Quilter Beth! It was critiqued by Judy Perez and Pokey Bolton, and they offered a bunch of suggestions. How awesome, Beth! You're so brave, I'd never have the nerve to do that!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooooooh! *claps hands* That's me, that's me! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now that I've stopped jumping up and down, I've read the rest of your post - and congrats to Quilter Beth - how wonderful and brave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this piece especially the color and values

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.